About Sending Money

You can send money to an incarcerated individual’s commissary/spendable account through the Send Money page or from the JPay apps for Android and iOS. They can then use this money for several different things such as restitution payments. There are several ways to send money.

Ways to Send Money

Online Payments

You can send money to an individual online using JPay.com or from the JPay apps for Android and iOS.

If you will be sending money on a regular basis you may want to send the money as a recurring payment.

Over The Phone

To send money to an individual over the phone just call: 1-800-574-5729.


If you wish to send cash you can use MoneyGram. MoneyGram has many convenient locations nationwide.

The following establishments will always have MoneyGram services:

  • Walmart
  • 7-11
  • CVS Pharmacy

You will need:

  • Individual’s Correctional ID number and last name

The facility name or receive code.

You can visit the MoneyGram website to find locations near you: www.moneygram.com.

Money Order

In some states you can send money to an individual using JPay’s money order service. Make sure the coupon you download corresponds to the state where you will be sending the money order.

You will need:

  • A cashier’s check or money order

You must lookup the facility to locate the correct form and download it do it id mailed with your deposit. Click here to lookup facility and download correct form.

Make sure to send the cashier’s check or money order along with the JPay coupon to the proper address, corresponding to the facility your inmate/offender is in.

Note: In Indiana you must be on the individual’s approved visitor list before a money order can be accepted.

Lobby Kiosk

Lobby kiosks may be found at the facility where your inividual is located. You can use a credit card at the lobby kiosk to send funds.